I should probably start by saying… I’m not a scientist (obviously!) so this is all information that I’ve read about throughout the years, and it is the reason I drink each of these teas. However, it is never a bad idea to do your own research. I’ve tagged the teas I purchase, but I will say I do sometimes switch it up. You can also find all of these teas in grocery stores (not just health food stores.)
I don’t JUST drink these 3 teas, but these are the 3 I drink on a daily basis and have found make me feel like my overall health is improved.
Morning: Green Tea
- Said to be the healthiest beverage on the planet
- Full of antioxidants and nutrients
- Caffeinated to jumpstart your morning (even though I generally avoid caffeine, this is the only 1 of the 3 teas that I drink that has caffeine)
- Helps with metabolic function and fat burning
- Improves brain function
- Kills bacteria which improves dental health
- Said to reduce risk of Cardiovascular Disease
- && the list goes on and on
I’ve personally noticed that when I drink Green Tea on a regular basis, I do seem to have an easier time losing and/or maintaining my weight.
Afternoon: Peppermint Tea
- Mainly known for assisting with gut health: stomach cramps, heartburn, stomach aches, indigestion, etc.
- Helps to cure bad breath
- Boosts the immune system
- Relaxes the mind
- Very refreshing (hot or cold)
- Eliminates inflammation
I used to have a lot more “gut issues” than I currently experience, but I still like to continue this habit of drinking peppermint tea since eating a high fiber diet can make for a little more rumbling in the stomach if you know what I mean! Peppermint tea not only tastes great but soothes my stomach daily.
Evening: Roasted Dandelion Root Tea
- Contains SO many great vitamins and minerals
- Aids in digestions and weight loss
- Helps to purify the bladder, kidneys, and liver
- Known for the ability to detoxify the body
- Makes some people sleepy so great for drinking before bed
I started drinking this tea at the same time that I started a healthier eating routine (plant based and minimal sugar) and I’ve noticed I simply feel better the next day than the few days I went to bed without drinking it.
By the way, I do not add milk, sugar, honey, or anything else. I boil water then steep the tea and drink it just like that.
What are your favorite teas? Do you have a regular tea routine? Tell me what you like!